Sunday 23 December 2007

Bonfire Toffee


I can almost smell the night air of November 5th when I munch on this delicious toffee that Bec made for my birthday. There's an excitement that's hard to describe about bonfire night in England and next to Christmas, is probably the day I miss most.
You need 4 tbspn water, 100g butter, 300g raw sugar, 2 level tbspns golden syrup, 1 level tbspn black treacle.
You;- put all the ingredients into a pan. Heat slowly, stirring, until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil. Cover the pan. Boil gently for 2 mins. Uncover. Continute to boil, stirring occasionally for 10-15 mins (or until a little of the mixture dropped into a cup of cold water seperates into hard & brittle threads). Pour into a buttered 6" square tin. Leave until hard. Turn out onto a board. Break up with a small hammer. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Lol This Is A REALLY Great Recipe, I Made A Batch For My Family, I Burnt it though!!!!