Sunday 3 February 2008

Craft Friday's

Well - I've decided Friday's are all mine to work on my craft projects. Not quite as priveleged a life as Beatrice and Dorothea but it ain't half bad. I started with a nice easy project - a vintage bear made from a lovely piece of old chenille that I got off ebay a while ago; and vintage lace and buttons from my collection - aged beautifully with my special brew of tea and a few other things (top secret...)!...

....and complete with her own little patchwork quilt. She's packing her bags ready for a trip overseas as she's being adopted by a very special person who put a request in quite a while ago!!

And just to get inspired, I love going through my lovely old collection of sewing stuff.
There's bits of old lace and vintage gloves (were there hands really that small?)...

Lots of old cotton reels and wooden bobbins...


and buttons, needles, hooks & eyes etc.

- did I mention buttons.... I LOVVE buttons - you can't have too many!

Roll on next Friday....

No comments: